Danish Polar Center | Strandgade 100 H | DK-1401 Copenhagen K | Denmark
phone +45 3288 0100 | fax +45 3288 0101 | 
News    |    Research & Logistics    |    Publications    |    Library    |    Photos    |    Polarfronten    |    About DPC
You are at:
Click to view all platforms

 

For more information on Kap Moltke and Brønlundhus,
please contact:


Morten Rasch
Danish Polar Center
Strandgade 100 H
DK-1401 Copenhagen K
Denmark

+45 3288 0110
     +45 2349 0645
+45 3288 0101

Kap Harald Moltke and Brønlundhus

    

Kap Harald Moltke

The building at Kap Harald Moltke was erected in 1972 by "The Danish Peary Land Expeditions".

Situated at the northern entrance to Jørgen Brønlund Fjord this cabin functioned for four decades as a summer fieldwork base for archaeological studies in the area. It can accommodate 6-7 persons.


Brønlundhus

On the south side of Jørgen Brønlund Fjord and 10 km westwards from Kap Harald Moltke a large wooden building, Brønlundhus, was erected in 1948 by "The Danish Peary Land Expeditions". Brønlundhus accommodates 6-7 persons.

This house now holds a museum-like interior with many things of historical value for the region and its exploration.

    

The Danish Defence Command and DPC jointly operate the Kap Moltke - Brønlundhus station and the facilities can be made available for researchers on request.

Adjacent to the house at Kap Harald Moltke a large, flat area is used as a natural runway, suitable for C-130 Hercules aircraft.